Thursday, December 08, 2005

Seconds Ticking Away

I have a few minutes on the computer to post a quick update on myself. My lovely computer The Heart of Gold went off to the other side of the country for repairs. I really hope it comes back fixed and in, well, as many pieces as it is supposed to be in. I miss my puter. It seems so strange to look at its space on my desk and see nothing but a blank monitor.

In other news, anyone who knows me well has reason to applaud me. I have finally picked up Harry Potter and started reading the series. I started out hating the very idea of Harry Potter. I mean violent hatred. Then I got to the point where I would just make fun of Harry Potter all the time. Then I only watched the movies. I finally became convinced that I cannot have an opinion on the whole series unless I actually take the time to read them. So I am reading them. They are decent, but not spectacular so far. But I'm only in the second one. I'll see how it goes. I have a feeling that I will not be amazed by them. I may even wonder why they are so popular. But they are enjoyable and an easy read. I am somewhat offended by the fact that people told me they were well written. They are semi-well written, for the record. So far I have found that the beginning of the books are really good and they build very well and then they kind of dump an ending on you that just is not half as climactic as it should be. Maybe the later ones will be better in the climaxes.

I have a difficult time keeping up on the news since my husband is in the midst of his final projects and he is a computer science student. You won't see much of me, but I'm around. My comments on other blogs are getting scarce too because I just don't have time for that without my dear computer.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'll agree. While not great though, they're decent kids books and the movies are cute. You have to remember most crazes aren't half as great as you'd think. Most books and movies people really hype, I never like that much. I am so ready to see the "Lion, Witch, and the Waredrobe."