Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Finish Line

Next week the move will be over. At least, the relocation part. I'll be stuck unpacking for the next 6 months. Or not unpacking. I expect we will have a house soon, so there is not much sense in unpacking everything.

Friday is my last day at work. My co-workers had a little going away luncheon for me today. It was nice. I started saying goodbye to a lot of people. I think it's finally hitting me that I am leaving. I am leaving friends. Everyone is so nice. I know, it's mainly because I'm leaving and will probably never see most of them again. People always say the nicest things to you when you're going away. I guess that's human nature. We do not pause to say we care until we realize we are losing something. It's okay. It makes the leaving easier when you know other people like you.

Only a few more days of packing, cleaning and throwing away papers and I will be on my way to my new home. It's like a miracle. Everything has to be taken care of by Monday evening. At times like these I can hardly wait until I reach the scheduled finish line. When I get there I know that the difficult stuff will all be done. But until that time comes I have a lot of work.

No comments: