Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Back, Baby!

Aside: Yes, I did spend the last week watching two entire seasons of Seinfeld.

I returned to work today. It felt amazing. I even got a lot of stuff done and discovered that in my absence my work had not piled up. Much. Still, it's great to go back and realize that someone else basically took care of my stuff while I was out. It's even better to go back. I needed a vacation before I left for surgery. By today I needed to work. I was getting bored.

I spent the last week recuperating. I did a lot of tv watching, saw several movies and spent countless hours editing my 2005 NaNo novel. It was a good time. I spent a lot of time with Craig because he was on spring break. I learned something about myself: I want to stay home and work on my books. I'm tired of having an out and about, full time job. At the same time, I want to be mobile. Going and getting shopping done, taking the dog (we do not have one yet) for a walk, being more involved at a church and possibly even working part time are all part of being mobile. I hope that when we move (and soon we will) I will be able to find a decent part time job. Then I can spend a lot more time on my writing and get things around the house done.

The good news at the moment is still that I'm back! It's good to be back.

No comments: