I wrote the following meme for something else and decided I would post it on here to give people something to read. It is 25 random and little known or unusual facts/myths about myself. Feel free to copycat and do the meme with facts/myths about yourself.
1. My husband and I met and got to know one another as friends while he tutored me in college algebra.
2. I have a lot of dreams. No, seriously, I dream all night long and they are incredibly vivid dreams. My subconscious has it's own world with a town that is always the same every time I go through it. The movie theater in the town looks really odd.
3. I have been a fan of Kevin Sorbo ever since "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys." I did not watch the show, but I remember seeing Kevin on an interview where he tossed his head and did this ridiculous hair flip and then talked about how important it was to his image (his hair, not the show). I thought,"This man is funny." I think it would be a riot to meet him someday. Feel free to pass my info along if you happen to know Mr. Sorbo.
4. I have only had one cavity in one tooth ever.
5. I despise broccoli. I always have. I never eat it if I can help it.
6. When I was a kid I always wanted one of those goofy looking trolls with the long, spiked hair of vibrant colors.
7. I am fascinated by dollhouses and hope to build one someday.
8. I have tried many other flavors in latte, but hazelnut is still the best and the only one for me.
9. I believe that buying organic is a big, big consumer scam. Organic just means that something crapped on it and nobody cleaned it off.
10. My favorite historical figure is Ulysses S. Grant. When I was a child I thought he was incredibly brave. When I was a teenager I learned he was actually an alcoholic. Now that I have studied his life I have come to the conclusion that his story is not the story of how a man shaped history. It is the story of how history shaped a man's life. In a sense, it is everyone's story. We put a lot of emphasis on being a "world changer" and an individual. Instead we should pause to think about the history that has made us the way we are. That history was most often made by the little people and embodied by the heroes.
11. I have recently become a fan of Joss Whedon's "Angel."
12. Growing up my favorite books were the Redwall Series by Brian Jacques. I still read them and enjoy the air of familiarity they give me. I especially love the theme of a small creature (usually a mouse) learning to become confident in himself/herself and being heroic.
13. I am self conscious because I am thin -- believe it or not.
14. I love to keep up on scientific news. It's too bad journalism sucks so much these days.
15. Once when I was super-angry at life and the world and I had just got home from work Craig put on a Judas Priest song and I head-banged to the beat and waved the "devil's sign" in the air with both hands. It felt good.
16. I find that acquired tastes often become my favorite foods and beverages. For example, I like avocados, Swiss cheese, Earl Gray Tea, coffee, escargot, and beer -- but not all at the same time.
17. Plum sauce goes with almost everything. At least in my world it does.
18. I don't like to talk unless I am going to amaze everyone around me. This fact is probably not little known.
19. As a child it was my dearest wish to own a tape measure.
20. If you do not know who Gene Roddenberry is then you should find out because he sure as hell didn't have anything to do with Star Wars.
21. I wish that my cell phone was just a phone. I want no text messaging, no camera phone, no random games, no online capabilities. I just want a phone.
22. I could understand Shakespeare's plays when I was 12 years old.
23. Mayonnaise and Dijon mustard are my favorite condiments.
24. I used to be afraid of toilets.
25. I prefer the New American Standard translation of the Bible. It is a higher reading level, yet plain and literal.