Saturday, October 01, 2005

I Know I'm Posting A Lot, But . . .

I thought that this article from the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed. section was very interesting. It reminds me of a certain popular quotation concerning power: "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." (I forgot who said that.) Many of us were very happy when Republicans got control of the government. This article leads me to wonder, once again, "Were any of those hopes about a different government fulfilled? Have they ever been fulfilled?" Our Republican government tends to get a lot more criticism than the other side when it has been in power and I do not always agree with that. I am sure Republicans have done some good which they deserve praise for. At the same time, many of the things that their constituents believe in have fallen by the wayside of power.

No comments: