Things about Iowa that annoy me:
- The people are all too hick to know how to drive in traffic.
- Everyone has a chip on their shoulder. They always want to start a fight even if you did not do anything wrong.
- People here are incredibly chatty. This is nice, but sometimes annoying because I am not chatty. I just do my business and move on. Consequently, they look at me funny.
- No one knows why to honk they're horns even when they do use them. I was honked at once for driving straight in my own lane, once for waiting for someone to pass my turn out before turning into the street, once for stopping behind someone who was turning left and once for taking my own turn at a four way stop. It's the chip on shoulder principle.
- There is very little variety in shopping experience. In Indiana I could always find what I needed at one store and if it was not there I knew where else to look. Here I cannot find what I need and have no idea where to look because most other places do not have them either. So far I am unable to find capers that do not have vinegar in them or corn tortillas that do not have dextrose (I cannot have vinegar or dextrose).
Hey, it's home now. I'll get used to it eventually. It's always weird coming to a new place. I remember how weird it felt when we first moved to Indiana. Just another tough ransition. This too shall pass.