Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm Sad

Why am I sad? I applied for a job at City Hall a few weeks ago. I got interviewed, and I didn't get the job. I'm the alternate. This is a job that I have been doing as a temp for a month and a half now. I have to ask, what does it take? They know I am good, they've seen me work. They know I will do the job to the best of my ability. I will try, I will put in the effort. My interview went extremely well. Everything there likes me. I'm respectful, honest and willing to do the job well even when I am not full time and I'm getting paid crap.

But no, some person who will probably turn out to be a bum like everyone else who has ever held that position turned up, so they hired that person instead.

So, I am sad. I don't know why I never get these jobs. I suck. That must be it.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Do NOT believe that for a second. The moment you buy into that lie is the moment that you sell yourself short.

Jobs can be a lot to do with luck and timing. Your time will come. You need to be patient.

I know it can get you down but keep trying.

You will find your perfect job.

Andy said...

It's times like these when we just have to trust in Providence. Especially when I look back on my brief career in showbusiness, it consistently seemed that every time I lost out on a job that I thought I was sure to get, it was because there was an even better one waiting down the road that I didn't know about. That pattern has persisted even into my new "office" career; right at the moment where I found myself having to make the decision to take a permanent job, exactly the opportunity that I was looking for opened up, and I got it. Just trust yourself.