Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Stomach Hates Me

Yes, I have finally heard back from the doctor. All my blood tests, x-rays and ultrasound were normal. There's nothing wrong with me. So, why do I have this excruciating pain in my stomach? I don't know why. I guess it's not really there.

There is some speculation going on, however. The nurse told me that the doctor thinks I have IBS, to which I was going to respond that IBS is a load of bull. I mean, really, it's a symptom, not a problem. Tell me what's really wrong with me. Apparently there's some weird thing where food doesn't go through one's digestive system quickly enough and it causes pain. It's not IBS, so that makes me happy. The answer to the problem can be found in a high fiber diet and lots of exercise. Well, at least it's not a ton of nasty medications.

I think the moral of the story is that my stomach hates me.

1 comment:

The Starving Author said...

Esther! Great news that there's not something nasty and terminal rumbling around your system; my dad had a similar thing happen with his heart recently; he went in with all the symptoms of a heart attack but turned out just to have the normal lung stuff he always has. Good on one hand-- hearts are tricky-- but bad because now they're not completely sure what caused his symptoms. I'll be praying for you!

Isaac