Sunday, February 19, 2006

Skipping Those Ones

Why is it that I have only ever seen maybe two movies nominated for Oscars? I consider my tastes in movies to be better than most people's. I only go to see the ones that get good reviews or the ones my friends tell me are really good. Still, of this year's nominees I have only seen "Pride and Prejudice," "Batman Begins," "The Corpse Bride," "The Curse of the Were Rabbit," "Cinderella Man," "The Chronicles of Narnia," and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." And those ones got nominated for really crappy awards (other than the two animated ones).

I'm never going to respect the people who nominate for Oscars. For example, let's talk about "Lost in Translation." That was all the rage. I watched the movie. I went through the entire movie wondering when it was going to start and then it ended. Maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem like much of a masterpiece to me. It's always like that.

No comments: