Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Awesomeness

Happy blue it is today!

I just got off the phone with a government office in Indy. I have a job interview in one week!

To make this even better the job interview is with a Hillsdale College alum whom I have spoken to on the phone countless times! He told me flat out that he thinks I am overqualified for this job. Furthermore, he advised that it is one way to get a better job in his agency, and in Indiana politics in general. That means that I am basically a shoo-in. What Hillsdale graduate with a poli-sci major would not hire another Hillsdale graduate with a poli-sci major? None, of course.

I am so thankful, God willing, I will have a job in not too long at all. I have been praying about this so much and this may be the answer that God is giving me.

8 comments:

HuskerFoley7 said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy for you! You are so awesome and I hope you and Craig are totally blessed by this job! I'll be praying for you! :)

MaxiSmeg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaxiSmeg said...

I could say but instead I will congratulate you.

So much for Northcote-Trevelyan and New Public Management thinking.

;-)

I hope it works out for you and that God continues to bless you

MaxiSmeg said...

The above didn't look like that in my preview so I don't know what went wrong.

Congrats and I hope it works out
:-)

HuskerFoley7 said...

Esther, I'm beginning to mourn my college life. As bad as somethings were, it was a lot better than the real world. I'd take papers and tests over screaming kids anyday... *sniffle* Let's invent a time machine and go back! I'd totally relive it, good and bad, all over again if I could.

Esther said...

Maxismeg: I liked the demotivation poster. Those things are hilarious.

Foley: I am missing them too. As long as I can stay married I'd love to go back and relive some college times. I am soon going into the real world of real jobs and will discover once again how much it sucks! But at the same time, I love working. If I cannot work I go crazy, so I am just happy to be doing something.

Xana Ender said...

Yay! That is fantastic! We can then gripe about state politics together! (and discuss the throes of joy as well!)

Love said...

Hey, that is great news!
Congratulations!!!!!!
Having a job interview ahead of me, I know exactly how you feel!
I hope it all goes well for you and that you get the job!
:-)